While driving to perform several classical concerts in Puerto Rico, "Adelante" appeared on a toll-booth sign. "Adelante" means "Go Forward!" — this was a good omen. Since Angela's credo is to always move forward, she thought "Adelante" would be the perfect title for an album that was a long time in coming.
On these tracks, Angela shares her composition, flute, and piano skills along with many talented Philadelphia, New York, and Los Angeles musicians. Also featured are soprano saxophnist Jim Falco, tenor saxophonist Mike Falcone, electric violinist Caryn Lin, and vocalists Paul Jost & Susan Lake ("You Use to Tell Me") and Jeff Harvey ("Best Friend").
As a young musician, Angela was influenced by Miles Davis, Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock. At age 15, Angela met and later studied with internationally known pianist/educator/author, Andy LaVerne. (www.andylaverne.com). In addition, Angela's brother and mentor, saxophonist Jim Falco and his band, "The Roman Candyl" was an inspiration to her musical development.
This compilation album covers a long time span in her career and showcases the work of talented producers Ted Greenberg (two-time Grammy Award-winner), Jim Gallagher (engineer for "The Sound of Philadelphia"/Sigma Sound Studios/Philly International Records/Stevie Wonder), David Ivory (Grammy-nominee), and Chris Zurzolo, as well as mastering engineers Bernie Grundman and Peter Humphreys. Angela would like to dedicate this album to her parents, James & Anna Falco, and in memory of tenor saxophonist Mike Falcone.
|Adelante||Best Friend||Embraceable Tears|
|Evening Peace||i never meant to...||Secret Passion|
|Losin' That Control||Whispering Tree||Farewell My Valentine|
|Linus||I'll Be There||You Used To Tell Me|
"Carol's Angel" is an instrumental composed for Carol Detwiler-Charlesworth, a dear friend, recently departed and deeply-missed. Diagnosed at birth with a heart condition, and not expected to survive past age five, she lived a full life to the age of 61. Carol's philosophy was "Every day is a gift!"
This song is included in my forthcoming Music Therapy book (December 2015), a collaborative effort with writer/producer/musician Allan Slutsky (two-time Grammy Award winner for "Standing in the Shadows of Motown"). A video combining the art of dance movement with this song features a talented ensemble of dancers filmed in Untermeyer Park, a scenic Grecian-style garden in Yonkers, NY, built in the early 1900s.
1. Adelante – © 1989 Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ ASCAP); Produced/Recorded/Engineered/Mixed – David Ivory at Iris Sound, Royersford, PA; Remixed/Mastered – Ted Greenberg; Keyboard/Flute/Composer – Angela Falco; Bass – Steve Beskrone; Drums – Bob Farina; Percussion – Edgardo Cintron; Acoustic Guitar – Dave Cullen; Electric Guitar – David Ivory/Mark Burkett
2. Evening Peace – © 1998 Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ ASCAP); Produced/Recorded/Engineered/Mixed/Mastered – Ted Greenberg at Big Zone Studios, Conshohocken, PA; Assistant Engineer – Chris Zurzolo; Piano/Keyboard/Flute/Composer – Angela Falco; Bass – Gerald Veasley; Drums/Percussion/Strings/ Sitar – Ted Greenberg
3. Losin' that Control – © 1993 Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ ASCAP); Produced/Recorded/Engineered/Mixed/Mastered – Ted Greenberg at Big Zone Studios, Conshohocken, PA; Assistant Engineer – Chris Zurzolo; Piano/Keyboards/Flute/Composer – Angela Falco; Bass – Gerald Veasley; Drums/Percussion/French Horn/Marimba – Ted Greenberg
4. Linus – © 2004 Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ASCAP), Ted Greenberg (Mannery Music/BMI), Gary Myerberg-Lauter (Root Bag Publishing /BMI); Produced/Recorded/Engineered by Ted Greenberg & Gary Myerberg-Lauter at Cello Studios, Hollywood, CA; Mixed – Ted Greenberg at Tedley Grange Studio, North Hollywood, CA; Mastered – Bernie Grundman, Hollywood, CA; Piano/Composer – Angela Falco; Bass – Dan Schwartz; Drums – Ted Greenberg
5. Best Friend – © 1989 Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ ASCAP); Produced/Recorded/Engineered/Mixed by David Ivory at Iris Sound, Royersford, PA; Keyboard/Composer – Angela Falco; Additional Keyboards – David Ivory; Vocals – Jeff Harvey
6. i never meant to...
7. Whispering Tree
8. I'll Be There – © 1988 Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ ASCAP); Produced/Recorded/Engineered/Mixed – David Ivory at Iris Sound, Royersford, PA; Keyboard/Composer – Angela Falco; Additional Keyboards – David Ivory; Tenor Saxophone – Mike Falcone; Bass – Jack Kinslow; Drums – Pat Quiqly; Guitar – Juan Kamuca
9. Embraceable Tears
10. Secret Passion – © 1990 Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ ASCAP)
11. Farewell My Valentine – © 1992 Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ ASCAP)
Produced by J. P. Gallagher for Pam 'N' Me Productions; Recorded/Engineered/Mixed – J. P. Gallagher at Studio 705 at AIPH; Keyboard/Flute/Composer – Angela Falco; Bass – Steve Beskrone; Drums – Ted Greenberg; Percussion – Edgardo Cintron; Electric Violin – Caryn Lin
12. You Used to Tell Me – © 1992 J.P. Gallagher (Palmina in Paradise /BMI), Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ASCAP); Music by Angela Falco, Lyrics by J. P. Gallagher; Produced by J. P. Gallagher for Pam 'N' Me Productions; Recorded/Engineered/Mixed – J. P. Gallagher at Studio 705 at AIPH; Vocals – Susan Lake and Paul Jost; Keyboards – Angela Falco; Add'l keyboards/programming – Dan Levinson Electric Guitar – Jack Klotz Jr.
13. Carol's Angel – © 2014 Angela Falco (Angela Falco Publishing/ ASCAP); Produced – Chris Zurzolo & Angela Falco; Recorded/Engineered/Mixed – Chris Zurzolo at Medicine Man Studios, Bala Cynwyd, PA; Assistant Engineer – Josh Giannone; Mastered – Peter Humphreys at Masterworks Recording, Philadelphia, PA; Piano/Composer – Angela Falco; Soprano Sax – Jim Falco; Upright Bass – Rich Kelly; Percussion – Edgardo Cintron; Background Vocals – Chelsea Weaver
A collection of songs written and recorded over the years and released together now for the first time. We hope you enjoy the music created by a wonderful group of very talented musicians, producers, and engineers, inspired by love, and brought to you with dedication.
Visit Spotify to listen to the album tracks.
Special thanks to audio engineer and graphic & website designer John O. Senior for his assistance with assembling this long awaited music project,
and to the many talented people who worked on this album for making the written music come alive! Also, to my family and friends who supported and
inspired me to continue to follow my dream of composing songs to heal people.
"Adelante" album digital compilation master prepared by John O. Senior at Elm Street Studios, Conshohocken, PA
Graphic Design – John O. Senior
"Adelante" cover photography – © 2014 R. Andrew Lepley
Hair & Makeup – Susan Lake
Dress – Anna Falco